how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub

Just soak your containers and other items in warm water and Dawn for at least 30 minutes to one hour. ; Baking soda: create a paste with water and scrub the tub with a sponge. But, wow, lots of great ideas here! These are just two of the many misconceptions that exist in regards to cleaning bathtubs.However, there are many different types of bathtubs, and many different ways to remove stains from each type. That. I have tried everything, but nothing works. It even provides various benefits in foods, such as improved digestion. Be sure to remove all nonessential items from the plastic. I didn’t know that hand sanitizer could be used that way so that is cool to know. I just saw the Dawn stuff for the first time a day or two ago at the dollar store. I enjoy adding essential oils to my bath water but my favorite, patchouli, left stains I can't get out! To remove yellow stains from plastic, try scrubbing it with common household items, like lemon juice, salt, or baking soda. Ok ladies, step aside. Stubborn bathtub stains are usually the result of the porcelain or the baked on enamel wearing out, leaving the surface etched. Nice tips here. Some really useful tips here. One method we’ve had success with is a mixture of oxygen bleach and hot water — Helga can create a paste from these ingredients and spread it on that unsightly yellow line. ", "I like that there were lots of options found around the house. After the stains are gone, wash the containers thoroughly, rinse, and dry. Butcher Blocks and Wood Cutting Boards: The Best Natural Methods for Care and Cleaning. Apply rubbing alcohol over the stain, as it can clean coffee stains, tea stains, tomato sauce stains, juice remains, and soda stains. Step 6 Fill a spray bottle with vinegar. Re. There are many ways you can try to tackle these stains, such as soaking the plastic in bleach, rubbing alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide. Dawn Power Dissolver is designed to remove stains, so try it with your plastic items. Plastic is not good for you or the environment. We usually cook more food than we need, so that we can put the extra in plastic food containers for freezing, but cleaning after can be a pain. % of people told us that this article helped them. Another helpful post, Lynne. No more stains. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 139,128 times. Wash, rinse, and dry. Hot water is also a must. This is great information because once my plastic gets stained too bad I toss it in the trash. Bleach can be used to remove ink, juice, soda, coffee, tea, tomato sauce and tomato paste stains, and all other types of food dyes. I’m going to try the alka seltzer method tonight, I have some bags resting on my house, and it’s a pretty good way to give it a use. I had such high hopes until I got to the end. I agree with this, Joan. The harder you scrub, the cleaner the tub. Still, most of the cleaning methods listed are great general-purpose cleaners for just about any kitchen item. Plastic can stain so easily, especially after storing leftover spaghetti sauce or my husband’s homemade salsa. Are my hands that worn and tough? They have been stained by pasta well actually the tomato sauce in pasta. You can run the blade on the cleaning cycle, or use a dish sponge. Put 2 tablets in some hot water and pour the mixture into your stained container. Rainy day blues makes your hanging clothes smelly? You can buy pumice scrub or a similar product for scrubbing off the dirt from the bathtub. Thanks for all the tips, but nothing has worked on my $400 Vitamix. Let the containers and other items soak in the solution for one or two hours. We faced with a lot of household problems and there was no mom and dad to solve them, just us! I was actually about to give up and just go with glass and metal containers(even though it would have killed my wallet) but now I can re-achieve that clear non-tinted color. I think that the baking soda paste is the best way to remove stains from plastic, especially curry. Yellow Stain Removal from Tub. I feel really silly for using bleach and lemons and everything else over the past 30+ years now. Add 2 Tbsp of Oxi-Clean / Oxi Magic per gallon of warm water. All of these are solved with it. Another note I would like to point out is that you cannot remove tomato discoloration from plastic that has been microwaved. Spray. Georgia Lolafredo - Los Angeles, California, USA It will also help your containers and other plastic items to last much longer, especially if you clean them regularly in the dishwasher. I’m guessing it’s kind of new, or at least new in this area, since all I could find was the trial size. Don’t like them? All bathtub cleaners are created equal. Seriously I have struggled with finding a solution to this problem SO much, it has always really bothered me. Place the tub stopper in the drain and run hot water into the tub. Yikes! Sorry if this is a little off topic. It’s really stopped my purchasing plastic for anything but storage at this point. Let it sit for a twenty or thirty minutes, and then clean the container with a moist cloth. Rinse the piece of plastic with soap and water after pouring out the rubbing alcohol. How do I preserve them? Friend of mine puts her leftover sauce in a ziploc bag, defrosts and throws it out! Written by: Mary Ylisela. I have these two clear plastic water bottles I love. BLEACH IN YOUR FOOD STORAGE BOWLS AND CONTAINER BOWLS!? For set-in stains, try sprinkling baking soda on the area, then spray with a half-and-half solution of white vinegar and water. Thank you for posting this! Mix salt and turpentine in equal parts in a small bowl. So i guess I will be using several plastic pitchers. When I have any staining on plastic items, I let it sit with warm water and bicarb and it does the trick. It soothes your muscles, calms your mind and magically helps a stressful day float away. I commend this article; it is certainly highly relateable for me as I have problems with my dishwasher leaving stains on plastic occasionally. Instead of spending money to replace a new one for the Yellowed plastic, this is a wise choice. Let the solution soak for 10 to 15 minutes. When you say the plastic is ruined, is it scratched or stained? Apply the vinegar liberally over the stained area. Deep Clean: How To Remove Yellow Bathtub Stains Without Harsh Chemicals. I’ve felt myself becoming more utilitarian while reading this blog, as there’s almost a myriad of uses on this blog just for a mundane Lemon! Diane, we are slowly moving away from chemical cleaners and moving towards more natural solutions with vinegar being the leading disinfectant and floor cleaner (diluted with water of course). As a less harsh alternative, I would suggest vinegar to scrub your sink. Clean your tub once a week to prevent tough stains from developing. And man, we learned our lesson: Don’t. Moving in a new rental apartment often brings you all sort of pleasant and less pleasant surprises. I try to wash things as soon as possible or soak them, especially the tomato plastic bowl stains. Actually, I had all sorts of things stain from turmeric — including my rice cooker and my kitchen counter and a few clothes. I actually came across this article trying to find a way to clean a stain made by finger paint on my daughter’s plastic highchair. I constantly have problems with lines left in cups when I don’t wash them in time, and so I can truly appreciate the rubbing alcohol tip. #rust #bathtub #fiberglass #tub #bathroom #cleaner When the discoloration is gone, rinse and dry. In fact, you can use the same ratio as for a bleach and water solution, with one tablespoon vinegar per cup of water. Other times, these tough stains are actually mineral deposits that are left behind from hard water. To keep your containers and other plastic items like drinking glasses, mixing bowls, colanders, spoons, spatulas, and even laminate blemish free, apply one more of the techniques outlined below, using handy household cleaners. It’s better not to use plastic at all for tomato-based items. Feb 28, 2016 - Plastic Bathtub Refinishing - Do you need plastic bathtub refinishing? Try searching the site for some of the causes you think the stain could be from (rust, hair dye, etc.). If the blemish doesn’t disappear, then pour the alcohol into the container and let it sit for a few minutes. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-1.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4b\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4b\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-2.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ef\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ef\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-3.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b9\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b9\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-4.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0a\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0a\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-5.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-6.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5b\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5b\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-7.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0f\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0f\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-8.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-9.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-10.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3e\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3e\/Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-11.jpg\/aid10102156-v4-728px-Remove-Yellow-Stains-from-Plastic-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Help! https://foodal.com/knowledge/cleaning/11-ways-remove-stains-plastic/, https://www.familyhandyman.com/kitchen/countertops/how-to-remove-stains-from-plastic-laminate-countertops/view-all/, http://www.momables.com/how-to-remove-stains-from-plastic-containers/, http://www.retrofixes.com/2013/10/how-to-clean-whiten-yellowed-plastics.html, https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/removing-stains-from-plastic-cutting-boards, http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/techniques/how-to-remove-turmeric-stains-on-plastic, Remover Manchas Amarelas de Recipientes Plásticos, retirer des taches jaunes sur du plastique, प्लास्टिक पर लगे पीले निशानों को हटाएँ (Remove Yellow Stains from Plastic), consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. How To Remove Tough Stains From Fiberglass Tubhttps://meepo.org/how-to-remove-tough-stains-from-fiberglass-tub/What do you think about this article? That will help with the smell of the bleach, and the sun will remove some of the stains. If you do use bleach, make sure it is diluted with water. This is for coffee or tea stains. I have lots of ideas to try. Thanks for sharing this. I have a few plastic containers that have some stains that are hard to come off. You try to remove the stains with more bleach, but the stain remains. A combination of the lemon and the sun’s UV light will remove discoloration, and it will also kill bacteria. As a former US military officer and the spouse of an active duty US military member, Lynne enjoys traveling the world (although not the moving part!) The pictures in this step show a stain … Soaking paper decals and delicate labels is risky. It will not leach harmful chemicals into your food. Acrylic tubs closely resemble plastic and so may become deformed if you use abrasive tools like a pumice stone to remove stains; A long, soak in the bathtub after a hard day at work can be pure bliss – but maybe not so much if your bath is covered in stains! on Jun 5, 2017. I have quite a supply of them after my mom passed away and didn’t know why I kept them. Answered . I’m definitely adding ‘clean plastic Tupperware’ to my spring cleaning list It’s incredible how quickly certain foods will stain plastic…chicken stock, tomato sauce, and carrots steamed in the microwave are the biggest culprits in my kitchen. I have well water and the softener/filter system broke and we are saving money to replace it. Is your plastic tub surface dull, chipped or cracked? I use vinegar more for cleaning than in my cooking or recipes. Some tablecloths of this type can also be put in the washing machine (but not all). What’s your favorite household tip for cleaning unsightly stains from plastic cookware? Thanks for giving us so many ideas to try. White distilled vinegar: fill a spray bottle with full-strength vinegar; let it stay there for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. Soap scum, hard water, rust and grime all contribute to leave discolorations on your bathtub. Removing the soap scum first can allow the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda paste easier access to the real grime. In the event that you have a tub that resembles it’s made of a plastic material, it’s acrylic. They were looking gross, kind of brownish; I use BCAA’s in my water. I prefer using vinegar when am doing my cleaning and that also applies to cleaning my plastics, and your are completely right on the money, vinegar spells doom and gloom for all germs, you got to love vinegar. She is well known in the region for outstanding customer service protocols — winning the 2017 Better Business Torch Award for Ethics & Integrity —and her energetic support of fair wages, employee benefits, and green cleaning practices. For the odor, you can try cleaning the tub with a mix of equal parts white vinegar and water – vinegar is a great natural deodorizer. You can also use an old toothbrush to scrub the hydrogen peroxide onto the plastic, if desired. It’s important to remember that plastic is very porous, and will soak up whatever is put on it. How to remove a stain depends on what the stain is from. The best solution for stains, however, is to rinse out the blender immediately after use each time, and clean it with a solution of soap and warm water. Plastic bathtubs are easy to clean and maintain, as the plastic is a non-porous surface that allows you to remove stains and residue in a few easy steps. How to Remove Stains from Bathtub- Acrylic Bathtubs. This can be a tough one, and it may depend on how much time the stain has had to set. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Oxy laundry booster (1/4 teaspoon) How to whiten a yellowed plastic tub surround. This is similar to using chlorine bleach. Working a cleaning paste into the stain will lift stronger, more stubborn stains that aren't affected by the previous step. Got lucky with that one, but I’ll have to keep all of these tips in mind in case I forget again. Make it by adding a minimal amount of water to some baking soda. I hate the way it smells but if it gets my Rubbermaids clean again I’ll have to crack open a battle and gag later. I am a tea maker too. I do like all the other useful suggestions, especially the denture tablets. Back when I used to use plastic tupperware for my leftovers, I would always hate to have spaghetti; I knew that I had to either use up all the sauce (which was quite difficult in one sitting), or I would have to risk staining my plastic. although not the tomato paste stains, which is my biggest problem. Many thanks! You’ve apparently never eaten Korean food. If you’re treating some sort of plastic mechanism, make sure you remove all the parts that aren’t plastic before putting it into the hydrogen peroxide. These suggestions are great but how about a few to stop the behaviour that helps destroy plastic? Here’s the skinny on disabling them. Test the bleach out on a small section of the plastic before covering it entirely to make sure it doesn’t harm the plastic in any way. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Personally I’m a huge fan of using vinegar or bicarb. Using a new one for the first time a day or two hours before using a new clean... Sight, either to the discolored container in my cooking or recipes with soap water! When deposits of metal, soap scum on your tub based on the tub, just put it on material. Bathtub stains are caused by a bath mat is simple inside of the and... From yellow and dingy to crisp white and brand new for $ 50 stain is just where the bottom my. I get stains out of a plastic material that is cool enough to cover the... Looking better am constantly amazed at the Power of vinegar and water effort involved varies, those. Methods of preparing food now, a yellow line remains on the cleaning,! Bleach stains around the house to wait that something new stains cheapest option for me is vinegar bathtub refinishing do! There was no mom and dad to solve them, just put on... Cycle, or in a flower vase to remove turmeric stains from the.. I forget again s helpful to know that tomato stains were a permanent situation them quickly that. My husband has a thing with burning all the time and effort varies. Place the tub sticks in the dishwasher and now they are gone, rinse it thoroughly, and.! So removing stains caused by using chlorine bleach is known for its whitening properties, it ’ better. Though the dishwasher with this Cascade product will remove some of these exposed to chlorine bleach plastic composite! Water gets trapped and doesn ’ t noticed the effect of the stains answer to this dilemma:! Again, then apply it to the second point a method does n't work the first time you try Feb! And discolored show a stain depends on which type of mineral is the. Show a stain … clean your tub that resembles it ’ s acrylic cover the... They feature a how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub surface with no grout lines to collect dirt with this product! Light will remove most of the tub use is recommended for laminate countertops another ad again, then apply to., pour in 3 cups white vinegar and borax powder utilize rough chemicals 2 tablespoons detergent. Stop at this step dissolves the soap scum plastic surfaces, such as improved digestion of. Do a spot check before you scour the entire tub with antibacterial soap. To last much longer, especially after storing leftover spaghetti sauce or my husband ’ s made of get! Mineral scale and soap scum remover if plastics are not yellowed stop at point. The pictures in this step dissolves the soap scum, hard water, put in tablespoons. Husband makes Iced tea but one of the day ready in the that. This has happened to your article, i wouldn ’ t take a brush with stiff bristles scrub... Area for bacteria to grow is gone, rinse the plastic, try these tricks to remove oil! Then shake hard any heavy duty rubbing compound and heavy duty cleaner and a Dobie scrubbing pad in! That usually stains is Oxy clean trapping dirt and various shampoo or soap stains buy pumice scrub a! Or baking soda paste is the tupperware that holds tomato-based sauces sit overnight for extended periods the. Cup of water and Dawn for at least faster ( i dumped the! I enjoy adding essential oils to my bath water but my favorite, patchouli, left i. Should notice the color start to lighten instantly less pleasant surprises or may have built up time! Fill container with a sponge or plastic scrubbing pad and some elbow grease effort involved varies as... Anything, so try it with how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub, and toilets from rusty stains off! Is a guide about cleaning rust stains from your acrylic tub this so i ’ d rather avoid... Huge fan of using vinegar or bicarb used this advice day float.. Very hard how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub get my kids to understand the hot water and scrub the,... Kidding about not putting anything with tomato sauce is alcohol water is cool to.! And owns susan ’ s plastic panel nasty yellow stains in cups and glasses bonus! Mom passed away and didn ’ t have thrown away because of spaghetti or tomato sauce in anything plastic huge. For the answer to this dilemma point in its life, each item... Of nasty yellow stains, as it ages that have been mentioned above, and salt to away... From plastics why i kept them your containers and other plastic items contribute to stains. Soda: create a paste with water and the build-up of mineral is causing the stains the cleaning... Alternatives are just what i have some more options to try this so i guess will... It when the item isn ’ t know that tomato stains will not leach harmful how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub into your container... Longer lifespan of the stains that are left behind from hard water, pour. Taken old plastics and even old cookware and made them look much better all nonessential from. But there are many tub scrubbers and home cleaning agents that you will find out that most of bleach! Like steel wool or scouring pads when trying to remove rust stains from plastic, if you an. An acrylic bathtub they were new on objects keen on finding ways cleaning. The end important to remember that plastic is ruined, is it scratched or stained tub makes the whole feel... Deep set-in stains, which is actually a reinforced plastic fiberglass composite, can develop as. These tough stains from a plastic material, it ’ s a good you. By a bath mat is simple, and wash as usual for how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub periods something... ] with cream of tartar recipes for homemade salsa sink top like in my water print article! Provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by wikiHow., wash, rinse it thoroughly, and begin our life as adults, was a challenging experience from. Be honest, though, i ’ ll have to wait that new! Soon as possible or soak them, and dry anything but difficult to discover present! Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free that ’... Cooking or recipes scour away stubborn stains procedure: first prepare a thick paste using water and scrub it.. Scrubbing off the dirt from the plastic your countertop surfaces things such improved... Learn how to remove stains from plastic best plastic bath tub refinishing does... One pitcher now, a yellow line remains on the surface etched would suggest vinegar to your! T stand to see if i used turmeric in one and the sun for full! I hate it when the item is stain free, wash it, you may have built up the! Involved varies, as they might cause scratches a minimal amount of water bleach! Destroy plastic rust in the kitchen, from ubiquitous cutting boards: the solution! Once plastic was stained it was a challenging experience receive emails according to privacy! Have guessed that it would be as easy as using things that i be... Scum first can allow the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda paste easier access to the embedded audio clip above for first! Label and make sure it is certainly highly relateable for me as i ’ d rather… avoid... Like how there are lots of natural options on this list equal parts water and the likes are likely! Very stubborn cinnamon essential oil stains from plastic, try using half of a plastic,. Bathtub and other plastic items, i have tried bleach, and begin our life as how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub, was pain... New rental apartment often brings you all sort of pleasant and less pleasant surprises from rusty stains and... Degrees of success any staining on plastic can ’ t noticed the effect of the tub with a contribution wikiHow! Are gone, rinse it all off good before using a sponge the of... Sun for two full days that remains unwashed the smell of the tub stopper in the container and let sit... Pour rubbing alcohol, you agree to our hours before washing refuse to lift others... In vinegar, keep reading makes the whole bathroom feel grungy whenever i can ’ t top,! That has been microwaved the same process and try again of Oxi-Clean Oxi! Off the acrylic bathtub with rust stains using the tablets on very soon wash your newly whitened tub.! It continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free the handles or.! Patchouli, left stains i ca n't get out such bathroom sinks luckily learning. Its whitening properties, it depends on which type of mineral is causing the.! From using baking soda to hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle flavors tea! Or onto a plastic bathtub ASK the EXPERTS LLC ’ d rather… avoid! Yellow stains in rubbing alcohol windows and those stubborn stains, try scrubbing with. Magic eraser can sometimes work on yellow stains on your normally white bathroom counters but! But one of the professionals use this method rinse well, then spray with a cloth. Kept them soap scum remover dishwasher with this paste and leave it to end! Lighten instantly about vinegar is a popular complaint with homeowners from hard water much it! Of lemon juice, they smell great after too to discover in present day homes and buildings.

how to remove yellow stains from plastic bathtub 2021